Thursday, April 8, 2010

Savoring the Day

Tomorrow, family has to depart for Georgia but today was filled with sharing time!  Marsel and I went into the sewing room and she pieced a child's quilt for QuiltsforKids then loaded it right onto the frame and quilted it!
I pieced my Psalms quilt to go in the living room. 
Abigail enjoyed feeding the crane first thing in the morning.
David was pretty contented throughout the day; fishing with Grandpa and quiet time, too.
Bill found a bunch of old flower pots that had been thrown out.-Marsel and I scrubbed them
and then using Sherwin Williams spray paint, gave them a new life.  These will grace the pool area soon!
The decking is all finished and the texture is sprayed on.
This texture will prevent (well help prevent) falls in the pool area. 
The men cleaned out the pool of construction detritus and  grouted the tiles.  It is really getting close to completion!  Just in time, too-our temps are in the high 80's every day and the sun is really heating up the air.
This area of the decking was left smooth and will not be textured.  Can you guess why?
(I am seeking out a set of cues and pucks on Craigslist.....)

6 comments:

  1. You two have been BUSY and productive! WOWEEE! What a great idea to paint the pots. I never think of stuff like that. Those colors are going to look great around the pool. Shuffleboard! Fun stuff going on at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! So glad you all enjoyed a good visit. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pieced and quilted in one day? You two don't do anything by halves, do you? Well done, Marsel.

    Looks like you've all had a great time - bet the kids can't wait to come back and swim in the new pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lynne: Getting to use the short-arm quilter for the quilting was grand motivation to get the piecing done quickly!!!

    Thanks for a wonderful visit, Mom/Dad...it always seems too brief, no matter how long we're together...but we enjoyed every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's funny to see that elsewhere people are ready for outdoor pools - we have sunshine today, but it would have to be a very heated pool to lure me out for a swim:)) the rest of the pool won't be tiled? will you paint it instead?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Can't wait to see the finished pool! Looking fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...