Monday, May 3, 2010

Running

I baby sat a delightful two year old today.  I did a LOT of running.  She did like the pool time (we grabbed an hour while the workers were at lunch!) so we did enjoy some relaxation, if you call giving her boat rides on the floaties and pulling her around 20x slow living!
 During her naptime, I warped the loom.  Very glad to get some loom time again!  Plastic bag totes are first on the list-I am trying a different way of getting the strips-just cutting up the bags which makes for processing the bags much quicker BUT weaving goes much slower because I can't wind long strips onto bobbins for weaving-I am doing these completely by hand ; laying them in each weft shot.  So far so good! I will assess the improvement factor when I finish this one.  It is nice to have an experiment going again.
Nyki took her job of organizing the plastic bag strips very seriously.
Reward time!  85 degrees outside at 9 o'clock so we took a swim , the pool temp read 83F--it was wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. The pool is beautiful all lit up!
    You have some stamina girl! I would have taken a nap with the 2 year old. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weaving is nice, but the pool takes the cake on this one! :) I love night time swims!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a lovely pool with all the lights.

    And Nyki seems to be concentrating very hard at her job. It's nice to see employees take their jobs so seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...