Thursday, June 10, 2010

Arch of Triumph

I finally got the bamboo arch up-with a little help from my tall husband!  This is made from the bamboo that grows on the north boundary of our property.  This arch is 8' tall and wide; I drilled holes for zip ties to hold the joints together.  I got several lessons on architecture while trying to make this!
It is up  just in time as the two  bougainvillea plants are ready to do their climbing thing!
Another kitty claims Bill's cushion the minute he leaves it-I woke up PuffDaddy when I got the camera; isn't he just so cute?!  He is settling in very well.......

5 comments:

  1. Definitely a triumph! What a challenge that project was, huh? Do you want to do them for every window now?! :)

    PuffD is so cute! Hope he's up for lots of lovin' because we'll be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That face just says, "Why, yes, I am a rather dashing fellow, aren't I?"

    You have bamboo growing on your property? COOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the arch!! It looks very tropical.

    PuffD is so cute!! (And I'm not a cat person, so that makes it extra true when even I can see the cuteness!!)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah cats - they find the most comfortable spots, don't they? The other night we couldn't find Tom - he was lying in a tiny ball (pretty good for a seven kilogram cat) between the pillows on our bed! No one thought to take a photo, more's the pity!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...