Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just a Few Finishing Touches...

I think it takes longer to make a fine fringe finish than it does to weave the whole shawl!  I am plugging away...haven't even begun to think about the beads yet.
I did the last row on the Norwegian Doily shawl.........crochet bind off all of those stitches and it is currently being inspected by the feline duo!  I will block it tomorrow; I am too tired tonight!
This afternoon I wound off two skeins of the alpaca I have been spinning.  Nice, soft little nests which will be used for some wrist warmers/fingerless mitts soon.  Hmmm, that pic just isn't the true color, try this:
Yes, this is a much better indication of the warm brown yarn!  (250 yards of fingering weight yarn)

5 comments:

  1. Why is it that proper prep and proper finishing always seem to take so long?! But my mother taught me that the time spent on either of those is always worth it...! :)

    Pretty, all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the alpaca. It looks so warm!

    Hmmm... I'm going to be curious at how much "help" you are going to get when you block that shawl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very daring - you let the cats play on your lace knitting? I'd be too worried about pulled thread... looking forward to the blocked result - unblocked lace usually doesn't look very inspiring:)) the fringe twisting looks fiddly - but it reminds me of the plans to do some bobbin lace with those warp threads on a piece of handwoven I have here....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with fringing, I have two shawls that I finished over a year ago that are sitting unfringed. I love the color of the alpaca, very nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am itching to see that shawl blocked! So sweet of you to let the kitties borrow it for a little while:) Loving the yarn too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...