Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shawled

The 198 yard shawl is drying on the blocking board!  I ran short by 18" during the bind off...good thing I have a bunch of this fiber left over so I spun up enough to finish!
   I made the shawlette about double the size called for in the pattern.  This yarn was heavier than I like for shawls so it needed to be bigger to keep in scale-at least to my way of thinking.  It blocked out to 50" wide x 27" at the tip.  This is the suffolk I blended with the rabbit undercoat.  It has a wonderful halo that hopefully will not shed too much during wear.
Puff Daddy likes to help me blog........
I have started a pair of socks with some BFL that I spun up back in the winter.  Nothing like a pair of socks on the needles!  I loved spinning this and it is just as amazing to knit.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your beautiful finished shawl!! I can't believe it ran short by 18....so little and so much at the same time!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely shawl! but isn't it uncomfortable to knit/spin woolly things at your temperatures? I already changed to cotton instead of wool on the wheel - and we only had 25 deg C.!
    mr schindler tries to help on the keyboard too - unfortunately mostly with the esc key:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is beautiful. It looks much lighter-weight in the picture than in person...interesting how the perspective changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just acquired a couple of new kittens. They are so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...