Monday, July 5, 2010

Still Raining......

We have had rain for 5 days in a row-so very unusual for us! It makes it very hot and steamy when the sun does come out and has cut down on our pool time during the stormy times!  Which means I have spent a lot of time doing what I enjoy in the house.
I have finished the kid's quilt-
and will get it in the mail tomorrow.
I am halfway through the second sock-it is the Scotch Mule sock pattern from SpinOffMagazine (Fall 2009), and it is just as good a knit this time as it was the first pair I made!  (This is the third pair from that pattern!)
Bill brought my china cabinet in from storage.  This was my grandmother's and is going to hold all my weaving supplies in the livingroom so they are nearby and neatly arrayed.  Other than a few cobwebs, it has stored very well, gratefully!  I will show you how it looks tomorrow when I get it all stocked-it is getting used to the a/c right now!

6 comments:

  1. OMG.... I think I know the fiber those socks came from and petted it a bit before you turned it into something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we had the rain before this heat wave hit..so it is also steamy hot here.
    Love the kids quilt. Did you use the frame to quilt it? Cute design.
    Always seems to be lots to do doesn't there..lol. So much for retirement. I bet part of you does miss the farm life..but I do love your home in Florida. It has been fun watching you and the family change it to your own.
    Take care..Judi B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilting design is perfect! I love it.

    Nice to see the china cabinet back in an honored spot again. I can still remember gazing into it with wonder as a kid...

    ReplyDelete
  4. if all your weaving supplies fit into this cabinet - you're obviously not a bad stash collector:)) but of course, I forgot that most houses have AC over the pond - no need for this in our climate here. (though the cottage walls are between 50-80 cm deep over here = ancient AC?:)) we have rain, too - and the third storm in a row - in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt! The pattern you chose for stitching with the hearts and flowers is perfect!

    I wish some of your rain would make it here. It's over 90 right now and we haven't had rain in a week and a half!

    That's a very cool cabinet! It will make a nice storage area for some of your stash!! (I have a friend who uses part of her dining room for her looms and has yarn stashed all over the place!!)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you mean all your weaving supplies - or just those in the living room?

    Some little girl is going to love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...