Friday, August 20, 2010

Fiber Pursuits

We went to Matthew's  the other day so the guys could do a golf game in his neck of the woods.  I spun some more of my ivory corriedale cross roving.
And spun up this little skein from a sample of wool Marsel got from the sheep to shawl demo they attended a while back.  I blended the wool with a bit of the white fluffy alpaca and it turned out very nicely.  It will knit up into a sweet pair of wrist warmers.
I knit up one of these lacey dishcloths and
...made half of this kind.  The fancier yarn works up to make a plain jane look fancier than she is!

5 comments:

  1. How fun to see "our" wool spun into yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see yarn on spinning wheels, the colors on the washcloths is a great match to the pic of the cool water in your pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweeeet! I love the colors of the dishcloths and that lacy one is very pretty. I usually make the easy-schmeasy ones, but it's nice to make something pretty once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...