Thursday, August 19, 2010

Packing and Dyeing

I thought of a last minute project to take with me on my travels........I never worry I won't have the right clothes but not having enough yarn does give me pause!
I dyed some of the white sock weight yarn I have spun previously and am bringing it along to knit up a shawl from a free pattern on KnitPicks called Haruni. 
 Lace projects are good for travel in that you get a lot of project for a small amount of yarn.  The only drawback can be the counting needed for patterning but hopefully I will keep it under control! (The counting NOT the talking!)

7 comments:

  1. Oh, pretty. What a difference from white to that bright red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty color!!!! I'm sure it will look great knit up. Can't wait to see what you make from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love the red -- as if you didn't know! I just wound another skein of knitting yarn into a ball so that there would be no danger of me running out on our little weekend in Charlotte. I really have to have knitting yarn when we travel..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright reds!

    RE: Packing for trips.....

    I find my luggage just doesn't look right if I don't have half my bag full of clothes and the other half fibery goodness:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of the yarn very spicy, should keep you busy for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! Those ought to be some bright socks!! The color alone will keep your feet warm this winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the red!! :o) It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...