Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday's Gifts...

Almost everyday can be a Saturday to us now that we are retired but Saturdays still hold a special place in my weekly routine.  It is definitely a mental thing, a place where I reside because my activities aren't that different from the rest of the week, it is just my attitude toward the day that shifts!    I savor the day.
This is what greeted my wake-up activity this morning.  PuffDaddy had stirred up my plastic bag strips until they filled the room.  I tried several times to clean them up but he enjoyed them just too much!  I wove the rest of the way on the loom as he jumped and played with each strip-I have the lovely little pricks on my thigh to show each of his attempts at catching the strips before I wove them!  Such fun!
Bill has secured the permanent vent pipe for the dryer.
He built up the doorframe to the breezeway, and cemented the floor where he broke through the wall.
PuffDaddy doesn't just help me as you can see!
I pieced up one of the 'use it up' piles for a quilt top.  I had enough to make a pillowcase to match.  I have to buy some more batting or this would be on the frame already!
Bill enjoyed his hobby-landscaping with the tractor.  He gave me the tour. 
He has widened the dam/road seperating the pond from the creek.  The blocks of cement are from the old pumphouse that was torn down when we put the pool area in place!  (Bill saves everything.....)

He has expanded the road out back to the swamp/lake depending on the time of year. 
This area is the little rowboat launch and a fishing hole for Bill and his grandkids.  It rained off and on all day which made the work out there comfortable temperature-wise and while it is muddy, the sand stayed where he wanted it!
I am ready to bind off the stitches on the thumb and begin the second mitt! 

Yup, I love the puttering of a Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. There's really no need to swear about the road:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, looks like a perfect Saturday. :) Lots of lovely projects!

    In the living room picture, you can tell by the posture of PD's tail that he is quite proud of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puff-daddy looks like he had a great time! So cute! My Broc likes to attack the toilet paper that way every now & then I'll find it all rolled out on the floor.

    I like the sewing programs on PBS on Saturdays. That's what makes Saturday fun for me. I can watch (or more often listen to) Sue, & Nancy, & Martha, & Eleanor talk about quilting & sewing, while I quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no clue you owned so much land! It looks like he had a fun day, too.

    The mitt is pretty - very Victorian looking!

    Ahhh.... Kittens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to have a pond to boat and fish in! I'm sure the grand-kids love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...