Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Typical Day


I enjoyed sewing room time today.  I made two purse inserts from fat quarters instead of yardage.  I had to make a few adjustments to the cutting out but now I know that it is doable with 4 fat quarters for each insert. 
And worked on quilting for my neighbor.  She made these are three little quilts with leftover fabric from a kit-aren't they the cutest little quilts?! 
 They are 36" square.  I am quilting them with dragonfly and bumble bee pantos.
I am working on the border for the end of this little pattern........I have learned that I do NOT like to make the nupps (on this pic, the diamond patterned little bumps for design emphasis); they really disturb the peacefulness of knitting for me!!!  Live and learn.
The pool is clearing up........looking better every day!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't tried nupps yet but I really don't like them visually so I may never get around to it. I have to ask where do you get the pattern for the purse inserts my aunt has been wanting one forever seems like a good gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in Millie's quilt are so bright and cheerful -- nice. Make sure you share close-up pics of the quilting!

    The pool is looking much happier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors today...even in the pool!

    Your productivity always amazes me!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilts!!!!

    Your pool looks so inviting. Bet it feels good especially when its HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the purse inserts--do you sell them??sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool bags, & very happy quilts! I do have pool envy! I always wanted to be able to swim every day. Now I'm lucky to swim once or twice a year!

    I left a reply to your last comment in my comments. Thanks for stopping by & commenting, as always!Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the liners..great colors. The pool is looking 100% better..lol. You are one busy lady..not sure how you do it all. Your frame sure gets a work out. Mine is still packed away because of the gym equipment in the living room..grrr!!
    Keep cool!! Judi B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...