Friday, September 3, 2010

Earl Brings Some Waves

We took a trip to Daytona today.  Earl delivered some tropical breezes and high surf.  We had a great NY style pizza for lunch at a cute little shop that is right out of the history books.......the owner is quite a character-at 83, she still makes all the pizzas! 
Our walk along the beach is always very relaxing.  The waves were mesmerizing!
                             
We enjoyed watching the surfers even tho the riptide/swim at your own risk signs were up , there were still those that had to be in the water to enjoy the waves.  Here one of the pay-to-ride boats was giving a para-sailor a ride for their money! " No, Thank You!"  In case you think of asking me to go......
 We liked the shoreline.......(I had to set the camera on the piling at an angle so we look crooked in the picture-very funny results that I never could have gotten on purpose!)
This guy was eating his seafood lunch.....a little shell is in his mouth.
We crossed a little drawbridge on the way back to 'city'...
and had to wait for this to go under!  A paddle boat!
My haul from JoAnn Fabrics.  You will be seeing more of this in future projects! 
I ran out of a little bit of this fabric to complete the chair organizer so had to buy a bit more-so much for using up leftovers!  (Thanks , Suzanne!)

5 comments:

  1. What a great day -- beach, pizza, companionship, and fabric...doesn't get much better than that!

    Great photo-catch of the bird eating a shell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we were with you! Looks like you had a wonderful day. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the ocean shots--also loved the pink fabric. sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures of the ocean! Luckily Earl was pretty much a dud here too. We're under 10 miles from the coast, and got just 7 mm of rain and no wind that I heard. That's a good thing really....but now I have to water the garden!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Daytona! Good surf up there. We were just up there like a couple of months ago and stayed at a nice B&B and checked out Deland. I love it up there, especially Lake Helen area.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...