Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor of Love

                              
I spent some time in the sewing room making two purse inserts.  It is good to start and finish not only one but two projects in one day!  Can you guess which one is yours, Mom and Sharon?!
I also quilted on the the jelly roll quilt.  I love it when I can picture a design and make it work.  I like the contrast of all the straight lines of the piecing and the wonderful graphic lines of this pantograph pattern. 
This is getting to be a familira song with me........only four more rows of this shawl and not enough yarn.  At least I have spun and dyed this yarn so I know where to get some more!  I didn't take into account the extra rows I did on the first chart causing the edge pattern to be so much larger, too, of course! 
To be continued........

6 comments:

  1. I know mine is the pink one--can't imagine who likes blue??It is beautiful-I love it already. Many thanks, sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to keep spreading your love with the purse inserts. :)

    The quilting is pretty...can't wait to see the overall effect when it's done.

    Can't you just end the shawl right there?! That's what I would do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purse inserts are beautiful!!!

    The dreaded end of project yarn shortage.....Hate when that happens!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a stylized leaf you are quilting on the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is beautiful! You earned an immediate "oooh!" with that one! :o) (The other projects are very nice too ...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. urghs, I know how that feels - I dyed the yarn for the birch leaves myself, but getting the same colour again = impossible. I just cheated and made one side of the scarf one sequence shorter:)) nobody noticed so far - and I am not going to wear the scarf opened up anyway - if all else fails I just claim that I can only count to 10:)) good luck with spinning some more, I hope it turns out ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...