Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Feeling Sassy!

 Or should I say, sashy......as in all 30 are pressed and ready for the post! Yippee!
(I am way ahead of my deadline for these and that feels wonderful!)
                                                   
                                             Graduation sashes as modeled by my dressform!
 Yup, the stripes go horizontal when using the novelty yarn as weft instead of in the warp. Note to self-- Pretty but  I do like the vertical stripes better.
 I began spinning the Christmas-y roving.  I love working with multicolored roving!  This was only 100 grams-about 3 oz , and will probably be a pair of socks or mitts......
It looks like a Victorian's Christmas!  Since I pulled the roving in half after dyeing both halves the same (all in the folding ) the two singles met often and just made some fun interactions when they were off kilter.  I am pleasantly surprised by this yarn!

3 comments:

  1. The yarn is very pretty -- there's something so fascinating about working with variegated fibers...

    Glad you got the sashes done, what a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo the spun yarn looks like Christmas candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your newly created yarn is beautiful! Love those colors!!

    30 sashes....the mind boggles. They do look great on the dressform!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...