Friday, October 8, 2010

A Finger in Every Pot!

The nights have been cool (54) but the day warms right up. It sure gave the pond a surreal look this morning that the cats really enjoyed!
And well, me, too!
I finished the second wall hanging using the shells. I will be mailing this one out to our friends!
I tried to echo the layers of green, beach, water, sky and even made loops to give the impression of froth on the waves. I am loving this creative avenue! I use scraps of Lopi yarns this time.
The two alpaca scarves went into the bowl for their soak........one dyed blue,
the other left natural colored! These are so soft! Will get them in the mail soon, Mom and Sis!
As long as I had the stuff out to dye , I set the mystery wool in the dye pot, too! One half in black, the other half of the fleece in blue.
I haven't spun any colored wool in a while so this will be a treat!
They dried in no time at all today, beautiful warm sun and no humidity!
I started a vest for David using the leftover yarn from Abigail's sweater. ( I haven't forgotten Marsel's sweater , it has just been set aside for a little bit...Knitting isn't monogamous you know!)

2 comments:

  1. Look out, she's on a roll! :) The mysterious misty look of the pool is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. monogamous is a good expression for this:)) I think most knitters are "guilty" in this... happy spinning - the blue looks very tempting to me!or are you blending it with the black?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...