Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All in Good Time...

Bill hooked up the ceiling fan in the livingroom.  What a nice finishing touch! 
I put some wool in to soak so I could dye it in the afternoon.  The Gators squeaked out a win in overtime  in their last game and I think that accounts for the color combination!
The roving turned out very nicely-I can't wait to begin the spinning! 
 I also set some merino superwash from the stash to soak in some brown dye.  It is hard to leave it alone so that the color turns out uneven.
But after several hours in the sun, it is heated up just right.  I am going to start a new shawl-a Seasons of Life shawl by Kay Meadors.  Can't wait to get it on the needles!  This is a fingering weight yarn on larger needles so it will work up very quickly! 
I am still knitting on the mystery shawl but I finish the clue in just a few days and then I don't have any lace knitting for the rest of the week so the new pattern is just in time!
I am still faithfully plugging along on the sweater for Marsel........I have only 12 more inches to go and it will finally move along because it is on fewer stitches for the lower part of the sleeve.
Bill took this interesting picture......Crescent Lake is rarely so smooth and still but it perfectly reflected the pier and the clouds......the egret is watching a small (6') gator off the end of the pier. 

5 comments:

  1. Love the detail in the fan blades.
    Bill sure did get a great shot of the lake. The reflections are fantastic..just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Great shot!!!
    Your cats crack me up..what personality. Our little Molly kitten also amuses us to no end. Great companions!!
    Have a great day..Judi B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fan is really nice; my household (with the exception of David) is NOT happy about the Gators' win, since it was over our GA Bulldogs, but the roving is nice; the brown yarn is GORGEOUS, love the variations in color; tell Puff to be nice to my sweater; and if I didn't know better, I would think that shot of Crescent Lake was 'doctored up' because it's such a cool freeze-frame moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that ceiling fan it's a great compliment to a Florida home. The picture of the lake is gorgeous,very deep in colors, it evokes a quite serene feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ceiling fan. I thought you dyed the yarn that color for Election day. Cindy--what do you do in your spare time?? Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the blades on your fan.

    Why do cats want to sit on your knitting when you put it on the floor to block or take a picture of????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...