Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Touching All My Bases

 I drafted out half of the roving.  It becomes so light, soft and shiny after doing this.  The dyeing really compacts the roving and you can really see what you have after you draft it out.  (Stretching out the roving to make it longer and thinner for spinning.)
 I have one bobbin spun and will do the second today so I can ply them.
 I quilted a table runner for my neighbor.  Very patriotic!
I began the Seasons of Life shawl.  The superwash merino feels more like a cotton than a wool-I think the color is influencing my touch!  This is a crescent shaped shawl-lots of stockinette until the border. A very relaxing knit.

4 comments:

  1. Nice projects...and I recognize that quilting design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some relaxing stockinette sounds great to me right now!!

    Great projects!! Love the quilt!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors your spinning. Very pretty!!! You are right the quilt is very patriotic and very nice too.
    I agree I love super wash merino. There is a lot to be said for relaxing stockinette especially when it looks as pretty as your shawl is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dye job on the yarn. What color of beads are you going to use? The brown? Can't wait to see it done and blocked. Don't forget to block it in a phoenix shape.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...