Friday, November 12, 2010

EnShawled!

 I finished knitting the Seasons of Life Shawl from Kay Meadors.  I set it out to block in the sunshine.
 And it immediately got inspected.  The cats do love the smell of the wool. 
It is beautiful!  I do love the feel of the sock weight yarn for the shawl.
 This also has beading on the lace edging which adds just the right amount of weight to the drape.  I prefer to add beads to the skein of yarn instead of working with a crochet hook to add them to my knitting but I might rethink it for this pattern.  It was a pain to slide the beads out of the way for the return row and I did have trouble keeping the beads where they belonged when I had yarnovers on either side of the bead.  I will be returning to this pattern again and again.  Why not give it a try?!

6 comments:

  1. I guess your inspector approved cause you look great in that shawl. It's a really pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way it drapes around you. Yes, you need to do it again. This time the diamond version. And use the crochet hook method to make them beads obedient. Don't you just hate disobedient beads?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! I can imagine the beads giving the shawl a lovely drapey feeling.

    Is the cat PD or Nyki? I can't even tell in pictures anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the shawl really did come out beautiful and I love the color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shawl! I'm learning how to do the lace knitting and using sock yarn as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing a shawl all blocked out - they always remind me of wings. This one turned out very nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...