Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Soles and Shawl

 I finished the mystery shawl called Moonpaths.  It blocked out to 30" deep and 56" long.
   Here it is laying down on the pool patio.  (It doesn't have a point at the top, it is just how I got it to hang on the patio screen!)
 I finished a pair of socks which will be a Christmas present so I have altered the color so it will remain a surprise....
 The Gator fan socks are knitting right along-isn't it interesting how the yarn is working up?  The color changes every half skein which ends up working a single row of each color with the bit of white between you can see how it spirals around the sock.  Couldn't have planned it like this but it is good information to have.
PuffDaddy just had to inspect the shawl.........he loves on it and likes it for naps.

5 comments:

  1. The shawl is very delicate-looking and pretty.

    The color-altered socks pique my interest, though...huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is beautiful. Love both pairs of socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That shawl is gorgeous! I'm just learning how to knit lace, so I'm really impressed

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are very courageous to let the cat sleep on your lovely shawl! I like the outcome of your handdyed sockyarn - I find it exciting to use this stuff, because the outcome is always a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don;t know... I kind of like the point at the top. Shawls remind me of wings and that point just brings out the wing-like quality of it better.

    Wow, the socks are knitting up much darker than the ball of yarn would lead you to believe. But I like them very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...