Thursday, November 4, 2010

Spun and Warped

 The Gator yarn is ready for knitting.....I have another hank of roving that I think just might want to match this; pull out the dyepot again!
                                         
A new scarf is on the rigid heddle loom.  This is a cotton boucle-like yarn that I bought last year while in a Cocoa Beach yarn shop.  I had bought two balls so one is for the warp and the other is providing the weft.  It is giving a slight plaid look to the scarf.  I have to be careful because the cotton has a bit of something that is giving it stretch but it is a quick weave.

6 comments:

  1. Wow - interesting to see how the color in the roving changed when you spun it!

    Looks like a fun rigid heddle project!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the scarf will have wonderful drape! The subtle plaid is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love that plaidy look when you weave variegateds together? I love watching it shift around with plaid here, solid place ther and stripes in another place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so multitalented! I'll bet your family & friends love getting your treasures!It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new yarn, really must learn to dye my own handspun yarn. Your autumn photos are lovely - oranges and grapefruit in the garden, can't even begin to imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the yarn looks after plying! Your weaving is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...