Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Last Word

 So, I remade the sock toe up so I would know how much yarn was left and reduced the number of stitches according to the directions and..........it looks too skinny.
 I ripped back and recalculated the pattern and left it with the same number of stitches as the foot and...
it was too fat. 
 I decided that a 2x2 rib is better than entrelac on a sock leg.  On to the second sock!
 I am not sure if PuffDaddy understands what the suitcase means but he has claimed it for his own....we are going to spend a week in Georgia, spending New Year's with Bruce, Marsel and family-even Matthew and Caleb have a few days off so we will celebrate Christmas and New Year together!
All the packing has tired us out............on meds from the doctor; should be right as rain soon!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good call on the sock!! (Love those colors together!)

    Somehow, lying by the pool in the sun seems like it will have you all feeling better in short order!

    Have a great trip!!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I laughed when I saw the picture with the 2X2 ribbing. Kinda like a retelling of the three bears but with a sock. Too tight, to big, just right!

    Have fun on your trip and drive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Puffers!!! He's the only one of your bunch who doesn't mind traveling, though, so it's nice of him to stay home and keep everyone company.

    Socks look great, I can't wait to wear them!

    Glad Dad enjoyed the warm while he could...we have saved some snow for him up here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not very encouraging for my own entrelac endeavours:)) but looking fancy and not fitting well makes no sense either...
    I hope you have fun on your trip (sitting in the suitcase might have been a hint?:)) - and recover well from being sick!

    have fun with the family and a good start into 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't managed a toe-up sock yet, so I am in awe of your brilliance...

    Have a wonderful vacation, and don't overdo it - you won't enjoy yourself if you can't recover from this blasted bug!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...