Friday, January 7, 2011

Distaff Day

Today is Distaff Day, celebrated as the first day of so I invited two spinning/knitting friends over for fiber company!  We worked on thrummed wrist warmers, socks and spinning, of course!
Here is the superwash roving from yesterday on the bobbin.  Great way to spend a day!

Dad and Mom arrived late this afternoon, they escaped the latest snowstorm of the northeast and enjoyed the mild 60's as they unpacked the van here!  Looking forward to a great winter visit!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day!!! (Envious of that weather for sure!)

    Have a great visit!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a day of friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your Mom and Dad got there okay--have been thinking about them. Let the crafting begin!! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard about distaff day - thanks for that info! looks like you're having fun with your fibre friends - where are the pictures of your projects?:))
    enjoy having your parents there - lucky for them to spend time in the sun and warmth (we've had a dusting of snow - again:(()

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, Friends & Fiber... sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of distaff day! Celebrate the fun and history of spinning together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...