Thursday, February 17, 2011

Packing the Day with Fun

 The pool was just too much temptation when the temperatures hit 78F outside this afternoon.
 The water was only 68 but it didn't stop the kids!
Abigail swam the length and then got out; it was a bit chilly she admitted! 
 They got dressed and warmed up in the sandbox!  Dad and Mom stopped over for a visit this afternoon, Mom is doing a little better (with her back spasms).  We enjoyed our afternoon icecream but I didn't catch it with the camera!
 Marsel finished adding the borders to her Christmas quilt (this is the one she started in NY with her Grandmother so it is fitting she finish it here with her Mom)!  Bill entertained the kids with tractor rides while we were in the sewing room-more pics of that later in the visit!
 The kids are making a project , too, and starting out with some hand embroidery.
I am enjoying keeping the crowd happy and kntting-the garterlac has become second nature finally, and I don't have to concentrate so much to make one!

3 comments:

  1. 68 degrees! Those are some brave kids! That's colder than Ichetucknee Springs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    Marsel's quilt is looking good.

    I am tutoring a workshop in garter stitch entrelac next month but mine will be squares not "on point" (do you like my patchworking reference? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit colder than here, but you know kids are a bit more resilient to cold than adult...lol

    Happy to see you all are having fun:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...