Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Savoring the Company

What a day for golf; the guys took off around noon, temps near 87F.  The girls did quiet, hang-around-the- pool, read and knit kind of things....... 
 I haven't posted much in the way of handwork so I will give you a quilt show of the finished quilts Mom and I had worked on previously.
This one has the same fabrics, just a different quilting pattern. 
 Nyki just had to pose for this one.
I cut up some panelled Christmas prints for this quilt-it turned out cute!
 Marsel helped me lay out the Batik quilt I started last winter.  This one will be quite large-12 x 13 blocks; of course, the cats had to come and help!  We have this all stacked up , labeled and ready for me to sew together now!
 When the guys came home, we had a bbq with salads and lots of good laughs.........lovin' the family time!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy with all those quilts, and I'm so jealous of your warm temperatures. Looks like your new pool will be well used this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been wonderful so far, and I am looking forward to coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilts, cats and family...doesn't get much better than that :) The quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the batik quilt. I want to make one of these with the circles. It is such a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...