Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We Interrupt this Week.......

with a call to 911 and a hospital stay !  Something went wrong Tuesday morning.  Mom passed out, was dizzy and vomited.  We have eliminated drug allergy, blood clots, heart attacks, stroke but do NOT know what exactly IS going on.
To top it off, today while Dad and I were visitng with her awating some more tests, we were asked to leave the hospital for a drill.  When we were outside and the doors locked behind us, they 'fessed up it wasn't a drill but a bonafide bomb threat!

  "Hey, my MOTHER is still in there!"

I cannot describe what a feeling that was. 

 God has reminded me full well today that I am not caring for my mother, He is.  It was the hardest thing I have had to do in a long time, to drive away from that hospital today.

After several hours, and no explosion at the time threatened, the hospital was off high-alert and Dad could return to bring Mom some meds and give her a hug.

I went to church tonight and received fortification from God's word and His people. 
You never know at a start of a day, what will happen by the day's end.......
Today was a Refining Day for my faith!

10 comments:

  1. What a hard day...praying that you will have a restorative sleep tonight. Thankful that you will wake up to our Father's mercy again in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!!! Having your mother go to the hospital for who knows what was bad enough but then a bomb threat? And you had to leave your mom IN the hospital? Knowing who is in control is the only thing that helps you get through days like that! Saying prayers for your mom and family tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking of you all--give your Mom my love and keep me posted please. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful for God's protection. I will be praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart goes out to you. I hope your mom feels better soon. Keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what an emotional day. I am so glad your family are ok and your Mom is home now. What a thing to go through, I can't imagine the stress.
    Hope your Mom is feeling better soon..all the best wishes.

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a day! it's a pity that your family time has to end like this:(( I do hope that your mum feels better soon - and that they'll find out what's wrong to help her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If your mom is on pain meds, that can be why she's not feeling good. Pain meds are heavy duty stuff. They make a lot of people sick. Hope she is feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! Sorry my rayers are going to be a little late, but she'd got them anyway. Hope she's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...