Thursday, June 16, 2011

Slice of Kiwi Shawl

 I finished the Slice of Autumn/Spring shawl with the tricolored yarn-I have hit on a great dyeing idea, I think!
This is the shawl pattern by Kay Meadors, I only changed the garter stitch rows to stockinette but the rest is knit as written and I used only 230 yards of my hand spun superwash yarn.  This is the shawl unblocked.
And here it is in all its glory!  It is just spectacular.  (52" x 22", not counting the wing tips for length at center)   I am so pleased with the results that I immediately.....
......cast on the same shawl in the other colorway I dyed!  Happy Knitting!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely. How do you get such long colour repeats with your dyeing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous -- the dying style you used looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what dod you do with all the shawls you knit? Just curious.

    And, yes, I agree that you have hit upon a good thing while dyeing. Those are some awesome colorways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that really looks like a slice of fruit:)) lovely colours and pattern, no wonder, that you started the next one right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get so much done so quickly, Did you give up sleeping? Ha Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...