Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ahhh, the Beach!

 We headed out early this morning (9am is early on retired time!) to go and visit friends as they stay at a house they rented for a few weeks of vacation at Butler Beach.  I brought some yarn and tackled a new washcloth pattern during the drive there.
 The ocean was so changeable today!  The colors hit all the spectrum of blue through gray.  It was stunning.
 There were lots of clouds but that just gave you a break from the heat-add the ocean breeze and you have an idea of perfect!  (There house was tucked in just to the left of the beach access drive.)
 We swam and took a walk and even explored some tidal pools.
 We had the pleasure of watching and handling lots of these guys-very fun to explore.
 After lunch, the waves changed color again and the waves were much more frequent-fun to swim, body surf kayak and jump!  (These were a collection of group activities not all participated in by me!)
We also sat and enjoyed some liquid sunshine-a ten minute shower cooled us off.
These are the treasures I collected on our walk-I was looking for shells with holes in them so I could use them in my weaving and knitting projects.
When the shower transitions to a real thunder and lightening storm, we packed up and headed to a tourist shop.  I picked up this 6" souvenir  which is already on my shelf to remind us of the great day we enjoyed!
Thanks to Suzanne and all her family for the wonderful hospitality!

3 comments:

  1. It's 10:30am, I still have the light on as there is not enough natural light from our grey, water-laden skies to get past the neighbour's garage (four feet from my window). I look at those photos of the ocean and even though I know it's summer there, I just think brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

    I'm glad you had a wonderful time visiting with Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking me to the beach with you! (Vertually of course!)
    I miss warm sandy beaches some times. As much as I enjoy the wild & rocky beaches here in Alaska, I miss being able to get my feetwet without worrying about hypothermia!

    Thanks as always for your kind comments too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful day -- love all of the textures and colors in the pictures of this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...