Thursday, July 7, 2011

Georgia Recap!

 I taught Marsel how to make the garterlac dishcloth and she grasped the concept right away-we had fun knitting and talking and being together!
Here are our finished projects-mine of handspun cotton and hers of variegated Sugar and Cream cotton.
 Bill worked on the front yard all week, trimming bushes, shaping and removing some unwanted ones which he bagged up and brought back to Florida to try to grow them in our hedge.
It really shaped up the front yard!  There is a mocking bird nest in the top of the topiary tree-very fun to be serenaded by her as we sat on the porch swing and knitted!
 I got to enjoy a gladiola-this one opened while we visited so Marsel brought it in.  I need to try growing them in Florida.  The rules change a bit-you have to dig up the bulbs and bring them in for refrigerator time for cold storage-in case the winter doesn't get  cold enough this year!  If the winter stays like it has the last few years, I could leave them out and they would be fine!
                                                 
While outside one day, I found this growing in the side yard!  We brought it in and pressed it in my journal for a memento.
When it rained, and hailed,  the kids just moved inside for play time-their imagination carries them through every day at breakneck speeds!
 They built forts and had ideas, David had the room filled with 'spider webs' of yarn at every turn-you had to be careful when you walked and be alert as you sat or you ended up tied up or tied to something!  The cats kept them in their view-the kids do fun stuff and they liked to tag along!  See Mindy peeking around the corner of the fort?
 Sprinklers still hold the joy of young and old alike!
It poured for the fireworks show but was still amazing!  The thunder and lightening just added to the fine effects!  What a great week-thank you McKees!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you all had such a wonderful time.

    Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a wonderful, wonderful time with you guys...thank you for coming. Now, of course, we miss you an awful lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the after pic of the yard. They did a fabulous job! Glad to hear you all had a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Marsel could have her Mom show her a new washcloth pattern, everytime we knit together she has a washcloth on the needles! If Bill gets bored and needs new yard to transform he is welcome to mine! The yard looked amazing! The glads are beautiful let me know if you enjoy success with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...