Saturday, December 17, 2011

I am Floored!

 This morning I applied the grout to the hearth.  It was messy work but looks so good when you are done!  Bill has tile accents planned for more places in the house-he really likes it , too!
 While the men were busy laying the floor, I had to go into town and this caught my eye.  The price was right and I became the proud owner!  It is fully functional, too, and will be great for demonstrations and home use!
I got all the parts in the car to bring it home but the wheel itself is 52" wide and wouldn't fit in my Toyota!  Bill went back and brought the  wheel back in his truck!  I will be practicing my cotton spinning on this!
 We have floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The hall to the dining room from the breezeway-Nyki is testing it out.
 JD is making good use of the dining room floor-the cats are very glad to say goodbye to the fast moving, busy, loud workermen!  See how nice the floors flow into the kitchen (right) and the family room (left)?
 The hall to the guest room.  So pretty and open now!  I am just thrilled with this, can you tell?!
It looks so inviting from the front door!  It has been quite the marathon of renovation but this is a big hurdle!
By Monday morning, Bill and I should have the energy to move all the furniture back into place!  Good Night!

5 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what difference the new floor makes! looks good - even cat approved:)) and easy to clean, too.... from here I'd say you're going to make the deadline:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!don't you love it when a plan comes together. Can't wait to see it in person. Three weeks from today!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floors look lovely and just in time for Christmas and family's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don;t you just love wood floors? They just look fantastic.

    So, you are going to spin cotton on the walking wheel? What about flax?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...