Thursday, January 5, 2012

Grout Grind!

 It was messy, and frustrating until I found my method but I love the results!  I have a completed and functioning fireplace!  Just in time for our three day freeze unfortunately!
 See the improvement on the neckwarmer!!!  All blocked and merrily on its way to Marsel!
 I plied some more cotton-I amstill enjoying the process of spinning the cotton on the takli.
 I finally finished the last of the men's suit samples quilt!
 The quilting echoes the cool colors-Bill gave it a try last night-because it is fleece lined, it is very snuggly!
 Bling is finally relaxing in the house-he goes in spurts of being a house cat for a few months and then transitions to an outside cat-he does not like winter , so we see him when the temps dip!  I think he might be smarter than I thought.......
 A new quilt from Millie is on the frame......
I have random flower pots all over the house to help them avoid the freezing temperatures-isn't this Italian spinach plant striking!

6 comments:

  1. who needs the weatherman--you have Bling!!! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the grout definitely made it 'wow' and wonderful. Such a beautiful fireplace!

    My neck warmer is so pretty -- I can't wait to wear it on these cold mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! Especially Bling, lol! I really love the men's suit sampler. You could hang that on the wall as art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even a big chill can't keep you down! Great job on the grouting, the knitting, the spinning and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cat does look super-relaxed:) you did a good job (again), I am sure you're enjoying the fireplace a lot in this weather!
    that quilt looks as if you took single pixels out of a large photo:) isn't it quite heavy with that fabric? I was tempted to buy a bag of tweed offcuts in wales a while back, but they seemed too heavy to be comfortable in a quilt.
    and how did you block the neck warmer - did you stuff it with something to stay in shape? I esp. like the lower border, very pretty, but not too lacy to get stuck in buttons etc...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bling looks nice and relaxed.

    How did you block the neck warmer? I've never blocked anything constructed like that - just flat things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...