Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tourist Time

We started the day pretty leisurely with a good knit and gab session at Mom and Dad's.  I didn't have quite enough of either of these left over skeins but they worked together so I have enough to make a pair of socks for David!  After lunch, we decided to go to the flea market in St. Augustine.
I found this ceramic fish figurine at one of the stalls.  (about 7" tall)
And this was a find for only a few dollars.......it is about 16" tall and is sitting on my mantel right now!
I think it is made of plaster but it looks like wood and I will probably tweak the color after I look at it a while first!
As we came into Palatka, we decided to eat at Corky Bells.  It was a perfect afternoon as you can see in this shot of the shoreline.  It would be a great jigsaw puzzle!
See the happy, FULL, contented family photo!  We went back to Dad and Mom's for some games, and Bob won both-he and Shelly have to travel back to NY tomorrow; we haven't heard word about the house purchase but do have high hopes for a good word on Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been having some good catch up time. I hope all goes well with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corky Bell's--I'm drooling!!!!Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the gray with the orange sock yarn. They do go together perfectly!

    Youa re right, that shore-line shot would make a great puzzle. How relaxing it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David will be so excited to have new socks! "Grandma socks" are a prized possession in our household. :)

    Glad you got a bonus-visit from U. Bob and A. Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corky Bells...we'll have to try that next time we're up that way

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the colourful sockyarn - looks like koi carps in water to me:)) not sure about the jigsaw though - you'd need a lot of patience for all that sky and water:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like your family's gathering in your area so you'll be able to visit more frequently. Good luck house hunting.

    The socks look great, I love the way you're working the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those two yarns together in that sock! Good eye!!!

    That shoreline picture looks fabulous. Even though we've had a super mild winter, with little snow, this year....it's still 40 degrees at best, and brown, drab and leafless. That picture is so nice I just want to step right into it!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...