Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whirlwind Visit

 Last Friday I puttered in the sewing room waiting for the phone call to say my parents, brother and sister in law were almost here!  They drove from NY to FL.
 This is a Christmas gift from my kids-I had fun cutting out all the fabric so I can sew it all together again-you have to love quiting to understand this!  It is going to be fun to arrange all the fabrics!
 I also worked on the quilt on the frame for Millie.
 Finally!  The snowbirds arrive!  The temperatures were in the 80's and just what they needed to thaw out.
 On Saturday and again on Monday,  we hit the Realtor trail-this is the guy inspection-
This is Shelly rescuing a downed cactus.......
 ....the ladies check out the view,
 I check out the texture on the very tall sand pine tree~
 We took a drive to find out how far they were from the ocean-10  minutes is manageable!
 We got there just as the sun was setting behind us.
 The light was very pretty on the water........
We stayed just long enough to see it slip low behind the clouds.
I am knitting up a fair isle vest (Corrie Vest) which is a kit from KnitPicks.  It is fascinating to knit and see all the color magic going on under my needles!

Saying goodbye to Bob and Shelly last night was not the best part of this visit.......having Dad and Mom here now for the winter sure softens the blow!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear thy all arrived safely and you all had a nice, if short, visit. Let the crafting begin--I can see your Mom rubbing her hands together now!! sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is pretty already! The vest is coming along beautifully, too.

    Glad you had a good time with B & S -- sorry you had to say goodbye already. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Where did your mom and dad find a house? Around Deland? Love the fabric pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To misquote a song from Mary Poppins "...and busy is the life she leads!" Enjoy the next few weeks with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice visit! Looking at houses is fun - and exhausting.

    I love the vest pattern. I am fighting startitis for a vest until I finish a couple of in-progress things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous colours in the fair-isle and the upper quilt pic! I don't envy your parents that drive though, you would probably finish several pairs of socks..... interesting about the priorities in looking for a house though:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those ocean pictures are gorgeous!! Today we got our first real snow, so they look even better to me than usual!

    That vest you're knitting is beautiful!! And I love the fabrics in the quilt top that you're putting together.

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beach reminds me of home and I love the batiks you're using for the triangle quilt, it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...