Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Rest of the Visit


 The girls went shopping for wedding appropriate dresses and
the guys whipped the van into shape.
 Then girls made quilts and
The guys did some fishing,
 We even sat for a concert from the kids.
 We did s'mores one night,
 and I got some knitting done in the evening.
A new quilt from Mom is on the frame.

 One of the blessings of having my daughter here is the joy of working together-I mean, I know what it is like to have a clone because we just work so well together it is like having two of me--not just to  get the chores done but also to savor the joy of company for the rest of the day, well, it is beyond words.   Yes, the week rushed by but we cherished every minute.

9 comments:

  1. I was wondering what you'd been doing -- and now I know. Glad you had a good week, you will miss them I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. Fresh fish and a violin concert. Can it get any better?

    And I have to know -- what is that store behind you in the first picture - "Books A Million"?? Is that a really huge book store perchance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great week together--now I know why you didn't have time for your blog!! Love Books A Million! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every moment we have together is wonderful -- thank you for our week. I do not take for granted the fact that we are not only related but also dear friends. It sure makes it hard to leave...but we're already looking forward to next month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great visit!!! There were some glimpses of some excellent textiles in this post too....not just the knitting and the quilts, but a certain scarf and valance were both really eye-catching!

    Sounds like you guys will get together again soon!! Good thing!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. S'mores, violin concert, knitting, quilting and fishing - wow! You guys did have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you knitting? It looks like a sweater and it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Marsel have such a sweet relationship. Throw your Mom and the grandkids into the mix and it is no doubt you had such a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't forget to throw dad in there Bethany.Ha Ha.Now i know how the baby feels getting thrown out with the bath water.
    Mr Bill- Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...