Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Drive and some Projects

 The early part of the day brought us to St Augustine for a doctor's appointment then to the beach for a view and ocean air.  Unfortunately, it was a very high tide and the air was full of midges-wow, did we get bit up if we held still for a few seconds!
 The waves were pounding the rocks and there was no part of the sandy beach showing here!
 North of the pier there was some construction going on-they were bringing in tons of sand-very interesting to see what they will be doing here on our next visit.
 A few beachcombers were hugging the beach/rocks south of the pier.
 At home, we had some fun projects;   I painted our birdbath and then painted the center sculpture-it had been all grey and all the details were lost.  As soon as I put it in place, our new cat set up guard-the birds won though, they chased him back out of their acceptable range-about 20 feet away from them!
 I used several layers of spray paint for the right affect on the base and used my Plaid acrylics and sealer on the dolphins.  Water is a scarce commodity here and it is more important to provide the song birds with water than with seed( which we do, too).
 I made a  horizontal stand for my spinning wheel bobbins........this is to hold the full bobbins so I can ply them into the finished yarn.  (The yarn at the bottom puts a slight resistance on the bobbins so you don't get back spin when plying.)
                                     
 I am moving right along on my Philomena Cardigan-it is a wonderful knit.......I got 4" done while listening to a book on my Zen in the waiting room at the doctors.  The good news is that Bill will not need surgery on his feet but will need some orthotics for his arches-whether or not our insurance will foot the bill!  (Sorry, I couldn't resist the double pun!)
I am getting ready to go to the St Augustine Textile Guild's annual Spin-In tomorrow-I found this fold up cart at a yard sale and spiffed it up with some gold spray paint.  Now to fit all my display woollies in it!  See what is in there first, Benita?!  People love to browse through this wonderful resource!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! You're kitty is very ambitious, lol! Those birds are more than double his size :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birdbath looks great so spiffed up!

    The cardigan is so pretty and looks just as soft and lush as we imagined. It will be well-loved!

    ("Ouch" on the pun...Mother...!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news for Bill - I hope your insurance comes through!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...