Saturday, March 31, 2012

St Augustine Spin-In

 Today I went to the annual Spin In with the ST Augustine Textile Guild held in the visitor center.  I went with my friend Elayne and our husbands, both Bills!  We had a wonderful time talking with the hundreds of visitors-this picture was taken near the end of our time when the crowd began to thin out-the rest of the time you couldn't have seen us because of all the people watching and asking questions!  (Elayne to the left of the pic and me in the center, spinning friend and locally famous spinner, Barbara on the right and I am in the middle!
The large open area was filled with clusters of knitters and spinners, what a wonderful group of ladies; we were very glad to be part of their venture today.
I spun a bobbin of Shetland today and used up so many words.......off to the couch and some knitting!

5 comments:

  1. So glad you got to do this again! I would like to do it with you someday...but only if I can sit and knit dishcloths. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day - I know it was exhausting, but so many people got to see spinning for the first time. I'm curious what some of the most off-the-wall questions were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that looks like fun! Wish I could have come up for that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had lots of fun and even dressed for the occasion:-) Someday, I've got to go to a spin-in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun. I haven't done a demonstration for the public in a long time. They sure do keep you on your toes and ask a lot of questions some of which I couldn't answer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...