The cursed shawl is finally in the finished pile! Remember, I knit it to the edging the first time and the needles had been too small and the fabric was like armor! Nothing for it but to rip out and knit on larger needles.........and then I ran out of yarn! I had to spin some more and dye it, too! I went with the dark blue to finish my gradations thing! Looking at this now, you would never know the frustrations, would you?!
On to simple knitting; I made two dishcloths-in garterlac, one with 8 stitches in the squares and the other with 7-I made two from one skein and the cats have the little ball that was left over! These go in the gift pile.
The repair crew showed up to remove the limb from our wires! They were astonished that this wasn't a priority call since the branch was obviously charred and burning was a threat! Oh, well, we kept the power and they got the branch off the wires!
And they got the work done just before an afternoon of thunder storms! It was a very nice rain.
I am working on the baby surprise jacket, a magical pattern by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I am using commercial cotton yarn from the stash.