Thursday, February 28, 2013

Blooming

 The hemp knit up beautifully; I see some spa washcloths in my near future!
 Mom and I had a sewing day, we cut up some pretty fabric and rearranged it-she is making a wall hanging, me a table runner.  Today was cutting up and then we will do several blocks for homework!
 One block is complete to help with the game plan.
The yard is blooming, too.  Spring is giving us signs that it is coming.......these wild crocus grace the front yard, 
right next to these neighboring Egyptian Iris.  What inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks. So those are patchwork and that's different than applique, right? I need to get a quilting for dummies book to learn. Do you know any good beginner books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fun blocks -- the little corners are a nice twist on the usual HSTs.

    I love flowers of all sorts, fabric or real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blocks. Good to see that not all the family has gone yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...