Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spotlight on Sewing

 Earlier this week I wanted to make something for a friend's birthday so I took a stash dive.  This is what I came up with-a lined, silky skirt.  I do love to being a seamstress!
 Today, Matthew and family came by so the guys could golf and I took advantage of the opportunity to teach Ashley how to sew.  I did introduce Will to yarn while I was giving him a diaper change.  He preferred the wool-he is a discerning kind of guy!
 She has been itching to try her hand at it after the pillows project earlier this week!  I am easy to convince when I have a willing student!  Ashley produced two reversible place mats today and we will get together to make the other two soon!  She did great on every step!
Will and I got a lot of bonding time-he was a very cooperative guy!  (He is watching the ceiling fan!)  In case you are wondering, Matthew beat Bill in golf in a big way-glad they could laugh about it.  Bill goes in for surgery this coming week-both feet need to have the bones on top of his feet shaved.  This was the 'golf before the recuperation period' day!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you have such a willing student in something that brings your life such joy. Pass that joy forward. Just think, soon, you will have all the ladies of your family together, all sewing, talking, sharing and laughing. you have a blessed life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects, and family time to boot just makes it that much nicer!

    Boy, I need some Will-snuggles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another wonderful day for the whole family.

    I hope Bill has some sedentary hobbies or he's going to drive you mad! Wishing him all the best for the surgery and afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you already infect the babies with the yarn virus:) the outfit looks nice, very summery already - and all the best to your DH for the surgery. it sounds painful and I hope he'll be alright again soon...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...