Monday, July 29, 2013

Pantry Perk

 Last year I had wanted to empty the pantry, reorganize and paint it.  My foot kind of rearranged my schedule but this year......well, it was time!
 It took me four hours to empty this little gold mine of storage space!
 I piled everything in the dining room-very little (the pile by the sliding glass doors) is going to the garage, the rest goes back in the pantry!
 All my appliances and food supplies and dying supplies and soap making tools.....plus cat food, well you get the idea!
 Once I emptied the room, I scrubbed it top to bottom and then taped up the floor and the hot water heater which is just inside the door to the left.
 At this point, Bill came in to see my progress and offered to spray paint so I didn't have to stand in there with a paint brush for the next four hours!  We set the sprayer up outside the kitchen window and then slipped the hose through the window  and...
into the kitchen and to the pantry!  I sealed Bill in there and in 25 minutes, he had the job done!
I have a sparkling white pantry!  Stay tuned for the after picture late tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!

    So, how many things in your pantry had been shoved into back corners and forgotten about? Whenever I clean out cabinets, I always find a few things that expired long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so fresh and clean. Now it's time for the fun part...organizing and making it pretty. Have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the deleted comment. It was the same as my first one. The scrambled letters/numbers to "prove I'm not a robot" said I didn't get the first ones right. So, I did it again and then it posted my comment twice. Then...I thought I'd better tell you what happened so you wouldn't wonder why I deleted a comment. :-)

    Uh oh...it's doing it again. So...if you get two of this one, you'll know why. Here it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy you, I'd love to have a pantry like that (I'd even take it unpainted:). at least you can reach all your gadgets without crawling into the cupboards! I am sure once the paint is dry you'll have it reorganized in no time....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I 'm excited! I love a clean, organized space and I'm sure you use this space multiple times a day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a transformation. Michael is learning to use a paint gun, too. There is definitely a learning curve.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

READY FOR THE FRAME FINALLY!

At quilting group yesterday, I managed to get the borders seen on and all pressed!  Now to wait for its turn on the frame!  I am feeling beh...