Saturday, August 10, 2013

Good Progress!

 The birthday quilt is finished!  I washed it to give it that vintage look I love.
 I quilted it with dragonflies!
 I haven't done any spinning since the Tour de Fleece so it was time to add that to the mix.  I dug out some Shetland roving and began to spin.   Can you say spinning perfection!
 I filled up my two bobbins with long draw spinning......complete relaxation on a spool.
 I am in the process of plying them onto the larger bobbin to get a good sized skein!
 One rainbow sock off the needles and the second well under way!
 I have had this table runner on my mind for a while.  I put it together finally!
 And added a touch of Autumn to the mix.   I ironed these into place and then used invisible thread in a tiny zig zag to secure them since I will be washing this.
It is loaded on the frame and waiting for my inspiration to strike!  I am going to do this one free motion instead of a pantograph since I will want to make the appliques stand out a bit in relief.

2 comments:

  1. The table runner came out just perfect! With the state that your table decorations get into whenever we all come and visit...it's a good thing you're making it washable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are a Proverbs 31 woman and a continual inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...