Sunday, August 11, 2013

Saturday's Finale

 The birthday quilt was delivered at the Florida country style party!  The day was very hot but the swimmers enjoyed it!
 Bill's foot is swelling again from the sernoma and so he did a lot of sitting it out instead of joining in the fun!
 When we got home later in the afternoon, I finished plying the Shetland singles.
 And wound off a beautiful skein of 376 yards of perfectly balanced yarn!   I am not bragging-it is a surprise to me when you get the twists to perfectly cancel each other out and the skein hangs evenly like this!
 The is the first of many skeins I will be pulling from this pound of fiber!   I will begin on the next tomorrow!
Does a watched box of soap harden faster.........?  I am going to find out!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at the sheen on that Shetland! Oh, what a lovely lace shawl that's going to be. Beautiful Shetland. I'll tell the lady it came from so she can see it, too.

    Poor Bill. At least he had some shade to sit under.

    How long does soap have to be in the mold before you take it out and slice it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty hue on that yarn -- it reminds me of granite.

    The soap brick is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Bill. Has the situation with his foot changed now?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...