Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Creative Juices Flowing

 I started the day out with a batch of soap.  I have found several sites on-line that are increasing my knowledge and expanding my efficiency.  I learned to line the wooden mold to make the removal of the soap log much easier.
 Wow, it not only made it easier, it also allowed me to remove it the very next day and not several days later.   I can see my soap schedule moving up already!
 All the bars are cut and lined up to dry so I can label them!  This one is orange citrus without the texture added.
 I changed up the arrangement for another table runner-I told you I wasn't done with this design!
I wanted to add a pieced border and it took some time to figure out what I was doing and then it moved right along!
I have the borders all done and now have to sew them to the inner section.   The appliques are not attached at this point-just setting them out to try layout designs!
 I also dyed two batches of Cormo roving so  I would have something new to spin.
 The sunshine and warmth dried the roving in no time!  This is 8 ounces total.  I wanted to get some fiber ready for spinning because I was waiting for UPS to come (which is at the end of a day here!) with a special package.
 Meet my new Electric Spinner by Ashford, called an espinner.  It is sitting right next to my recliner, makes a very relaxing spin in the evening and it is whisper quiet!
It was a very brief learning curve and then I was off!  The bobbins are large-the largest I have ever used (8 oz ea) so that will be wonderful to be able to spin skeins with lots of yardage!  Last year when I hurt my foot and had to go without spinning for 3 months, I began to save for this espinner!  I can't wait to put it to  heavy use!

6 comments:

  1. one of my friends has bought one too recently, because she has knee problems. she said she should have bought it eons ago, because she can finally spin again as much as she likes (which is a lot right now:). enjoy the wheel - if you have time enough with all that soap making (you guys must wash an awful lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That log of soap looks like fresh maple fudge...yum!

    The roving is pretty, and the spinner looks like a fun toy...uh, I mean tool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress with the soap. I love your pieced borders. I take it the espinner takes away the need to use your feet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy O' @ My Yellow SwingSeptember 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM

    I love handmade soap! We have a vendor at our Farmers Market that is using Creosote leaves in his soap. I'll buy some today! And you table runner is delightful! I can hear Autumn coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wow me with all your accomplishments! Can't wait to be down there and share some of your projects. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...