Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Week Unfolds

 The binding is all sewn on the latest table runner!  I really like the border on this one!  I used a panto for the background and then added detail to each applique.  Very pleasing.
 A blog friend sent me a link to make these soap socks; I used felting wool to knit the little covers for the soap then as you use them in the shower, the wool will felt and you have a felted cover instead of a knitted one!  Bill asked for one on his bar of soap so I will let you know how it works!  It was a fast knit! I used these bars from our local Dollar General because they are 'real' soap, too.
 Soap in the mold again-this one is honey and oatmeal!  It was the first recipe that I tailored myself.                          
 I have designed another shawl-since I had trouble fitting in the repeats-I just added paper and kept on drawing-this is the whole shawl!  I didn't leave the blank rows of the purl row on the pattern so that helped me figure out the design, too.  I hope to cast on with another Shetland skein today!
 I started another table runner-I am trying to decide if I like it better with sashing between blocks
 or not.  I will keep sewing blocks and then decide!
I have a little girl's sweater on the needles.

3 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy! Are the soap socks removable and reusable when the bar runs out? How awkward are they in terms of felting to a particular size but then the bar gets way smaller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Honey and oatmeal soap sounds yummy...I might need to make one batch of every kind when you come here. :)

    I love all of the fall sewing you are doing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table runner turned out wonderful. And I am very interested in your lace shawl! Do you sell your lace patterns? I'm looking for Christmas gifts for my mom and sisters. I made fingerless gloves for gifts last year and got a "Oh, that's nice, fingerless, huh?"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...