Friday, October 4, 2013

On a Roll

 I was given a small skein of Berroco Glace, a narrow braid yarn, and I knit it up into a circular scarf.  I was afraid it would be a bit scratchy but it feels nice!  I did random k2p2 each row so none of the sets lined up so it has a nice woven texture with no rolling!  I am going to try this with future orphan skeins!  (My friend finds them at a local thrift store and brings them to me-wonderful way to try different yarns!)
 It also wraps around the second time for a cowl look.  The original pattern called for 120 yards for a wider scarf but I only had this one skein of 79 yds--it works.
 I made another batch of lemongrass soap-my house smells delicious!  (The green blanket is to cover it up to keep it warm ...)
 The fingerless mitts are finished with just a bit of yarn left!
 Now I have a nice cowl/mitts set.

 I spun up the 2 oz of sea cell roving and plied it with silk thread.  I have several old wooden spools of this silk thread so I used them up to ply with this silky like single.
 The yarn has wonderful drape and sheen!  (140 yards just might find itself in the circular scarf above soon!)
This was in the latest bag of thrift store find-it is an acrylic blend but feels like wool in a crinkly  looking yarn.  I am knitting up a pair of socks, toe up.  The white line of stitches is where I am going to add an afterthought heel.  I will let you know how it goes! I am knitting a great tube for a long pair of socks since I have a lot of this yarn and will see how it turns out.

The antibiotics are kicking in and Bill is starting to have a reduction in pain, swelling and redness.  Pray that the Lord will bless the medicine to his body~

3 comments:

  1. Praying for Bill assiduously. Love your circular scarves!!

    The sea-cell yarn is luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see winters stuff coming off of your needles again! :) Lots of pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon-grass -- now there's a scent I would buy!

    Glad to read Bill's foot is improving.

    Great knitting projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...