Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013

 This was the one and only time that all of us were up and dressed at the same time.   It was a visit wrought with much sickness.
 This is David before he went lateral with fever.
 The kids enjoyed some sunshine every day to fill their lungs with some fresh air!
Ella enjoyed her outdoor time with mom and dad!
 Matthew hit the couch soon after arriving and so did Will....Ashley didn't get sick until her last day here!
 Abigail managed to do well here but got sick on the way home !
 Ella celebrated her 1st birthday;  her party was cancelled due to the house being full of sick people and not visitor worthy (the rest of Cassandra's family didn't want it, can you imagine that?!)
 We sang her birthday song-she thought we had lost our minds!   It was very funny!
 Bill and Jared avoided the virus the whole time-they did a lot of projects together-and even bought some new tires for our truck.
We took Aria and her family back to the airport.  Unfortunately, the trip was frought with delays and they didn't get home until the middle of the night.
 Today, I cleaned the house and washed all the bed linens.  Bill worked on the roof of the shed.
 Tomorrow, I plan on doing a LOT of this..........

9 comments:

  1. So sorry for all of the sickness but I'm sure it was great to see everyone. You will all have to boost your immune systems before the next visit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are all on the mend, but, oh my, what a Christmas for all of you.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and Bill--glad you got to spend the holidays with your family-whatever the circumstances. Now you can get ready for Mom and Dad--Enjoy! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was definitely memorable...but still wonderful to be together and especially to watch and snuggle the babies!

    Happy New Year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's hoping the rest of the year will a great one! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds like the christmas from hell:( I hope everybody is on the mend - or at least better soon! though maybe Bill didn't get it because he had so much AB recently? I think he deserved the lucky escape after the foot troubles:)
    have a better new year than the finish of the old one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a landmark sort of Christmas. For years you will be figuring when things happened in relation to "the Christmas we all got sick" When did Bill get those new tires? When did we build the shed? And think what great stories you can tell the grandkids! "We were all sick as dogs, but you just puttered around chipper as a cricket until the very last day!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everyone is feeling better! Enjoy your knitting! That looks like a really fun skein to knit up with all those colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so sorry to read this post. Even so, it must have been wonderful for you and Bill to have the whole family together!

    DD and her family all arrived here in varying states of unhealthiest. They shared their cold germs with me and I got sick the day before they left. The cold has gone but my sinuses are now infected!

    Families! They're so good at sharing some "not so nice" things, aren't they? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...