Thursday, January 9, 2014

Refresher Course

 I love trying new stitches out for a dish cloth-it's a great size to learn on and you have something useful when you are finished!  These are done in the Brioche stitch.   I worked on this last year but I did two color in moving stitches and didn't know how to do it with just one yarn.   It was a good refresher especially as I am still so lumpy after the flu-it sure drained me of my usual gumption!
The stitch might look like ribbing but it is ribbing on steroids!  The ridges and valleys are higher/deeper and the thickness is double what k1p1 ribbing would be.   A very good stitch to have in your repertoire!  I have the yarn and a pattern for a single color Brioche hat soon.

5 comments:

  1. Using learning pieces for dish cloths... I love it. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed. Dish cloths are ideal for learning new stitches and techniques, that's why my first shadow knitting piece will be about that size!

    I'm sorry that you are still not feeling like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting texture. Is that our usual cotton dishcloth yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like ribbing, but it doesn't seem to "fold up" like ribbing. Is it stretchy or would it be okay for the main part of a sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it reversible?

    Sorry you are still pulled down by that flu.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...