Sunday, January 12, 2014

Shadow Knitting Part II

My trip up to the birthday party included two hours of knitting time.  See how the dishcloth just looks striped?
Until you change your angle of viewing and the secondary design pops out!
I finished the opposite color combination, too.   It is a pretty straight forward knitting and purling design, though it needs a firm knit so use needles 1 size smaller than you normally would for your yarn  (I used a  6 needle instead of my usual 7 for dish cloths).   I have a pair of socks now to tackle with this type of knitting now that I feel comfortable with this concept!

(I will post Mom's FO's when I see her later on........)

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Very clever! I'd better get started on my project since were almost halfway through the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, now I get it...I tried to picture it when you were describing it to me, but I was way off! :) Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...