Saturday, March 8, 2014

I Knew That.........


I got out the four skeins of hand spun cotton that I had dyed a few years ago.  I never did anything with it because it wouldn't stop bleeding dye.   I put it in the washer in a lingerie bag to soak in the clorox to get rid of the extra dye.   Well, the color isn't bleeding now but I forgot to turn off the cycle when the washer filled and the lingerie bag zipper broke and the washer was filled with this tangled mess.   I laid it out in the sun to dry thinking I could untangle it but I am admitting defeat!
I threw the whole mess into the trash.   You have heard the phrase 'yarn barf' well this is it!
Note to self-the washer may be used with fiber antics only as a big soaking tub....do not walk away!   Ever.
On a brighter note, I made some of creamed peas and tuna earlier this week-it is comfort food. Has anyone ever heard of it or eaten it?
 The King Orchid is in full bloom-it is magnificent!
These little faces look like they are laughing!  I have several skeins of cotton left to play with-I am trying to laugh at myself, too........

6 comments:

  1. The orchids are stunning! The yarn...not so much. :)

    I'm afraid you did not pass on the creamed peas & tuna on toast gene to me. (Blech!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of chipped beef gravy and peas on toast! No tuna for me. Loved the orchids! sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, what a mess:( and with handspun to boot (commercial wouldn't be quite so bad!). I know how that feels - I still have several of the purple lumps here waiting to be sorted, not my favourite job... but I can't throw it away, because it's mainly silk and I am too mean to get rid of it:) and it's chunkier than yours, so hopefully there comes a day, where I have done all of them:)
    and the orchids are not laughing about you - they just try to cheer you up:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! Yarn barf is right. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never admit defeat! I see a fiber art sculpture! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! We live and learn but some lessons are just too hard!

    I have a lovely area of dyeing under my new house -- can't wait to use it. Moving day is four weeks tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...