Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Soft and Hard

 Nyki almost fits-I wonder if she has wanderlust to visit her fur cousins?!
 The patriotic quilt has borders;  I hope to load it on the empty frame today!
 I did another of the many batches of soap I need to restock my shelves-this one is Patchouli and Peppermint per Bill's request!  It does smell kind of candy store/head shop-ish!!!!
 I wrap it for a few hours to keep the temperature up.
Then it has to sit for 24-36 hours before  I can slice it up.  Now it has to dry for several weeks before use.   It is hard to wait.......  (This is one batch of the peppermint and this new batch both)
 I also cut up and pressed the binding for the patriotic quilt so it will be ready when it is off the frame!
 I am moving right along on the socks.   I only have 6 more ridges of pattern (about 30 more rows to go before the garter stitch top and bind off!  The end is in sight!  Since we are in the rainy season and every afternoon brings a wonderful rainstorm, I will have time to curl up with this and doze later today.....

7 comments:

  1. what is it about cats and boxes?:) the dog is only ever interested in boxes, if they smell like sheep... love the socks, they look like ocean waves to me! and I didn't know that soap needs woollies, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Nyki remembers visiting my house! We were just reminiscing the other day about how, when she was still a little fireball, she would spit at the dog and terrify him! :)

    I love the quilt and especially the borders! I love the effect of the angled stripes around the curvy lines of the piecing. It is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patchouli and peppermint... sounds like my kind of soap :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to go search your past posts to see if you have a tutorial on making soap. I am very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott and I call any box on the floor a "cat trap." I've never seen one fail to trap a cat, yet! :)

    I love the patriotic quilt and just int time for July 4th, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many things happening -- and variety within the different things too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...