Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stash Busting Saturday

 I have looked for a wrap dress for quite a while and finally found this pattern, Simplicity 1653.
 I used some material in the stash, a polyester knit blend in no shine black.  (I do not like shiny colors on me!)
 It fits comfortably, though I did have to experiment with the sizing AGAIN!  I cut it out larger and then made alterations as it was constructed!  Not for a novice sewist.
I will be wearing it today to a funeral.   I will certainly be buying more fabric to make a dress in olive green-my favorite clothing color!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! That's awesome to make a dress since last week! And, from stash! Bravo! Sorry to hear you have a funeral to go to. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job. I can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress! How does it look on you? (hint!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...