Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Recovery Time!

 I did the repair on Bill's tencel socks that had holes in both heels.   I did rip them back and reknit them;  that said, it is successful repair but it wouldn't work for wool yarn.   I can say I did this-once!  He is happy.
 When the knitting was done on the this Wild Leaves Hat from Patternfish, I cast on the second one with the remaining yarn.  Yes, I like doing the pattern that much.
 I managed to sew all the blocks together in little bits of time but it added up and now I have to look for more of the white to work the border out. What I can find for fabric will really help me decide on the border design.
 The quilting is fine' for the apple core quilt.
 Yes, it just needs its binding!
 Hat number two just about knit itself!  (I had just a few yards of yarn left!)  This makes hat number three from this pattern.  There might be one more!  (I have another indigo cake of yarn!)
 The tile for one of the spare bedrooms has been sitting in the bed table drawer.  For years.  Not any more!  Bill pulled the ceramic saw back out for me and I buzzed the row of tiles and then adhered them to the sill.
 The cut off pieces adhered to the front so the corner is complete!  Tomorrow it will take just a bit of grout time and I can say, "Completed!" ( I needed a small project of tile-the kitchen was very hard on my body! )
The sock  for Matthew has just turned the heel.  I forgot how much I enjoy working with a faux isle type yarn!   So far, there has been no repeat in the pattern!  I will finish these soon because he wants a short crew sock.   I hope to cast on the toe of the next one tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You don't waste a minute of feel good-enough time, do you?

    I really like that tile. Never thought of it for a window sill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing amount of progress in such a short time! That hat pattern is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice projects! I like seeing the hats on a head with a whole face instead of on the leprosy-victim had you used to use!!! :-D

    The windowsill looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (leprosy-victim head, not "had"…grr!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So many things happening. You put me to shame!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...